Rice Popcorn Matcha
Rice Popcorn Matcha
An amazing taste of popcorn
Green tea from our own plantations in Japan "more than ORGANIC"
Handcrafted in our workshop in Kyoto
- Traditional Matcha Tea (with water)
- Matcha Tea Latte
Roasted brown rice grains add a bright touch to this versatile matcha that will work for any purpose! Yabukita, Mochigome and Uruchigome blend.
Note thatour packaging contains 40 grams instead of the usual 30 grams for Matcha (+25%).
- Nous veillons à ce que vos commandes arrivent à bon port grâce à des méthodes d'expédition sécurisées.
DETAILS OF MANUFACTURE AND CULTIVATION
PLACE OF CULTIVATION
Uji, Kyoto Pref.
PLACE OF MANUFACTURE
At our workshop in Uji
Brown Rice, Smooth Vegetal
GRADE / QUALITY
Super Fresh Artisanal Japan Tea
Yabukita, Mochigome, Uruchigome
LAND / SOIL
Mountain white clay, Black soil, Gravel
1st Harvest of May
DURATION OF SHADING
25 days direct
Green Tea, Roasted Brown Rice
Product History and Expertise
During the roasting of rice, some grains burst, just like popcorn, which gives this very original taste.
For our Matcha, we have chosen two special varieties of brown rice. In our case, Mochigome and Uruchigome, because they release the most aroma without the burnt side.
The manufacturing method is similar to all our other matchas: the rice grains are roasted, dried and then crushed once. They are then ground with ceremonial green tea leaves (called Tencha).
Usage and preparation
Add about a teaspoon of your Matcha to a bowl or mug, and gradually add water or milk, hot or iced, whisking with a Chasen (a bamboo whisk that you can find on our site) until an emulsion is formed!
Enjoy the tasting!
You can consult the step-by-step instructions and our other recipes on this page.
• Free delivery for orders over 49 Euros/CHF.
Here is a quick overview of our delivery times:
- France: Expect your order within 2-3 working days.
- Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Portugal, Italy, Belgium and the rest of the European Union: Delivery takes approximately 5-6 working days.
- United Kingdom: Your order should arrive in 7-8 working days.
For our Swiss customers (Postpac 100% Insured):
- Collections take place on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Your package reaches Swiss Post on Tuesday or Friday, and should be with you in 1-2 business days from there.
Using DHL? Here's what to expect:
- In France : We prepare your order within 24 hours, and DHL delivers the next day.
- Rest of EU : After 24 hours preparation, expect delivery in 2-3 days.
- Switzerland : Likewise, after 24 hours of preparation, delivery takes 2-3 days.
International : Delivery usually takes 5-7 business days.
Please note that these are estimated times and may occasionally vary due to unforeseen factors.
Guarantee and BIO
Our tea is 100% guaranteed, we have absolute confidence in the quality of the products we offer you. Matcha Botanicals is a team of passionate people who have nothing in mind to sell products that we are proud of. These are varieties carefully selected, developed and studied by our producers and with our tea master. The cultivation and manufacturing process is the subject of our full attention, because we are the first consumers of our products, and constantly in search of the best. 💯
As specialists in traditional Japanese Matcha, we exclusively distribute Matcha from equally passionate family farms, all members of the Japan Tea Association, and all producing traditional Japanese Matcha since the 18th century.
Their production methods are on quality standards much higher than that of the "BIO" standards, a simple comparison with a single cup between a "BIO" commercial matcha and those from the plantations that we offer is eloquent!
For our producers, it does not make sense to pay dearly for an ORGANIC label which would guarantee a lower quality than the real quality of their products, while increasing their costs. The production is analyzed regularly to guarantee its quality as strictly as a traditional Organic Matcha. 🌳
Once harvested, the leaves are washed and steamed to freeze their aromas. The steam forms a protective film around the leaf, which allows it to retain its properties. They are then dried in hot air in large nets, and stored.
Less than 30 days before landing in your cup, the leaves are ground, then shipped by boat and train 🚞 to Europe, guaranteeing unparalleled freshness and an exemplary carbon footprint 🌈.
By the way, cultivating a tea plant is like planting a young tree every 5 years.
3 signs to identify a high quality Matcha
How to choose your matcha?
There are 3 clues by which you can easily determine the quality of a matcha:
• The colour : must be bright and lively. If the matcha has an emerald green color it means that it has been stored and transported with care, without contact with oxygen and daylight, so the tea has retained all of its properties. If the matcha has a dark or dirty yellow color it means that it is simply not pure matcha or that it has lost its properties due to interaction with oxygen or sunlight. For this reason, after purchase never pour matcha into a transparent jar and store it in a dry and dark place.
• The smell: it must be pleasant, soft and at the same time saturated. If matcha smells like dry hay with hints of bitterness / seaweed (fish) or jasmine (like Chinese green and white teas), then this variety has nothing to do with real matcha or it has lost its properties during processing or storage.
• Taste : The taste of a good matcha is sweet, light. It certainly shouldn't taste like fish or seaweed! The taste of matcha depends greatly on the variety and the season when it is harvested. The May harvest has a deeper, rich taste and sweet aroma, and respectively, contains the highest amount of antioxidants and chlorophyll. Harvested later than July, matcha may have bitterness and it contains fewer vitamins and minerals than in the early varieties.
Our Matcha is guaranteed to be freshly ground, and this is extremely important!
This involves complex logistics and many precautions with the sole purpose of bringing you an outstanding quality: a developed aromatic spectrum, a great sweetness, and the restitution of all beneficial nutritional properties.
Our Matcha is supplied in containers that are airtight and protected from light rays that could damage it, and made of special black glass, an inert material that does not react with the Matcha.
In order to consume your Matcha at the highest level of quality, we recommend that you consume it within 3 months by keeping it cool at +5C in our original container.
Your Matcha can however remain out of the fridge permanently and be consumed perfectly safely, however it will lose the exceptional qualities we have worked hard to give it.
Glass is one of the most recyclable materials available, and the special black glass we use for our containers is no exception.
These containers are so good though that we would recommend you keep them and use them to store your quality spices, cooking mixes, powders, chocolates and any food that may spoil.